The Marine Electronics Installer Program (MEI), established in 2004, is to encourage a high level of professional expertise in entry-level and mid-level technicians and to lead them to further develop their skills.
An MEI certificate is an indication of a working knowledge of NMEA’s Installation Standard, which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. A Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
This is an introductory course in marine electronics installation which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. Topics include ground systems, electrical systems, equipment installation and data communications. A Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
- The key electronics manufacturers are supportive of this new agreement
- This is not just an exam, but training as well.
- BMEA have been key players in making sure that this training is internationally relevant.
- You can market your NMEA training to customers – old and new – as an indication of your professional expertise.
- British Marine Members: £310.00 + VAT (£372.00)
- Non Members: £412.00 + VAT (£4.00)
This includes the price of the NMEA Installation Standard and an MEI licensing fee.