The Advanced Marine Electronics Installer Program (AMEI) is to encourage a high level of professional expertise in advanced technicians and to lead them to further develop their skills.
An AMEI certificate is an indication of an advanced working knowledge of NMEA’s Installation Standard, which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. An Advanced Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
This is an advanced course in marine electronics installation, which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. Topics include VHF & SSB Installations, Antenna Arrangement & Satellite Communications, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) and EMI Causes & Mitigation.
The course covers:
- Computers & Ethernet Networking
- VHF & SSB Installations
- Antenna Arrangement & Satellite Communications
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- EMI Causes & Mitigation
- 50-Question Multi-choice Exam
The key electronics manufacturers are supportive of this training and qualification
- This is not just an exam, but training as well.
- BMEEA have been key players in making sure that this training is internationally relevant.
- You can market your NMEA training to customers – old and new – as an indication of your professional expertise.
- British Marine Members: £201.00 + VAT (£241.20)
- Non Members: £304.00 + VAT (£364.80)
Please note: This course is only available to people who have already attended the standard Marine Electronics Course.