BMEEA AGM 19th October 2016 at RLNI College, Poole
This year we are holding this prestigious event at the RLNI college and complex in Poole. Along with the usual exciting speakers, it will include a tour of the facilities at the college and workshops.
What does the conference include and who is it for?
The day will start at 10.30 am with registration from 09.30. The day will include presentations and discussion on a variety of relevant topics, will include a lunch break and will finish around 5pm. After a couple of hours break, there will be a formal dinner, incorporating a prize giving and including a well -respected after dinner speaker. There will also be an opportunity for members to book a modest display booth for new equipment in an adjacent room during the day to demonstrate new and upcoming products and services.
Topics covered will be:
- a presentation on MEOSAR by Justine Heely CEO of Orolia Ltd
- Our look into the Battery world this year will be a look at Lithium Battery Management by Dr Dennis Doerffel of REAP Systems
- Jonathan Hadley-Piggin will give us an insight into the “Consumer Rights Act 2015”
- Chris Pontet of SCISYS will present on MACSYS system of Marine equipment integration
- And Finally Matthew Rumble of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency will be telling us about “The Role of Technology in modern SAR”
- The day will conclude with a tour of the RNLI Building and Workshops and the BMEEA AGM followed by our Annual dinner and awards
There will also be an apprentice’s competition running through the day in an adjoining room, where a number of teams of apprentices can pit their wits and skills against each other to complete a specified task – for which there will be an award made at the end of the conference.